1. Contrary to Freud, Jung believed
a. there are no solutions to patients' problems
b. in guiding patients away from their problems
c. in the connectedness of the minds of people
d. psychological disaster is inevitable
2. Which of the following is "the equalization of differences in order
to bring about a balance or equilibrium?"
3. Mandala means
a. Irish god
4. Which of the following is "a readiness of the psyche to act or react
in a certain way."
b. internal orientation
5. Individuation is
a. separating oneself from others
b. the process by which the person becomes an individual
c. finding the heart of one's psyche
d. a psychological hunt for the dimensions along which others differ from oneself
6. All except one of the following are events of Jung's "Youth" stage.
Which is NOT a youth event?
a. separation from the "psychic womb"
b. Psychic birth
c. Psychic revolution
d. establishing community roles
7. Jung was a pioneer in all of the following, except
a. use of catharsis
b. use of projective tests
c. short-term therapy
d. self-help programs
8. Jung paid particular attention to what kinds of responses when administering
the Word Association Text?
a. responses to words with multiple meanings
b. responses to words that are emotionally arousing
c. responses that patients gave reluctantly
d. responses to words that have hidden meanings
9. All of the following are reasons why Jung will long be remembered,
except one. Which is a NOT a reason why Jung will be remembered?
a. some of his ideas have been endorsed by other theorists
b. a journal devoted to his ideas was founded
c. his notion of introversion-extraversion is largely supported by later research
d. his concepts are more scientifically testable than those of any other theorist
10. Jung sometimes encouraged patients to
a. interrupt him during his therapeutic monologues
b. terminate a series of session whenever they wanted
c. to try to fool him during their free associations
d. engage in self-analysis